Nortura selects Capgemini Group as its primary strategic partner for digital and IT transformation over the next decade
The 10-year agreement covers all Nortura IT services, including cloud and data transformation, affirming Capgemini’s expertise in consumer-packaged goods (CPG) and the agri-cooperative sector
Paris, November 9, 2021 – Capgemini has signed a 10-year contract with Nortura, one of Norway’s largest food producers, to act as Nortura’s main supplier across all IT areas, supporting its ambitions for a more innovative value chain. Through the long-term strategic partnership, Nortura aims to create more sustainable value chains and achieve reductions in IT operations’ costs.
Nortura is one of Norway’s largest food producers, offering a variety of produce for the grocery, industrial and commercial markets. The cooperative, which is owned by 17,300 Norwegian farmers, has identified several opportunities to improve logistics from farm to fork and production, through the use of data and digitalization. Nortura is determined to meet the increasing consumer expectations of better traceability and sustainability throughout the value chain.
Nortura and Capgemini will work closely together to drive innovation and develop value-added services over the coming years. Capgemini was awarded the contract due to its strong delivery performance through its robust and scalable global IT delivery model. As part of the agreement, Capgemini will be involved in data transformation, operational technology, infrastructure, and cloud, as well as industrial IT solutions, applications operations and integration of SAP and Salesforce solutions.
“Technology and innovation are key enablers for our ongoing business transformation. Capgemini’s secure and stable IT operations and management, along with their deep domain expertise and market-leading services, will help us unleash the potential of emerging technology and drive business value,” says Anne Marit Panengstuen, CEO of Nortura.
“This agreement is of great strategic importance to us because it combines the full range of Capgemini’s products and services. Together, we will further contribute to the development of Nortura as a sustainable, proactive, and profitable food company. We are excited to enable the digital transformation of Nortura over the next decade, for the benefit of both Norwegian farmers and consumers,” says Jens Middborg, Managing Director at Capgemini in Norway.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organisation of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want I www.capgemini.com
Salesforce and others are among the trademarks of salesforce.com, inc.
SAP Forward-looking Statement
Any statements in this release that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties described in SAP’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including its most recent annual report on Form 20-F, that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. SAP cautions readers not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements which SAP has no obligation to update and which speak only as of their dates. © 2021 SAP SE. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and other countries. Please see https://www.sap.com/copyright for additional trademark information and notices. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
+91 967 451 5119
+91 967 451 5119
- (1/12/2022) Capgemini Group named a Leader in the Everest Group PEAK Matrix®...
- (11/17/2021) Heathrow extends partnership with Capgemini to provide enhanced experience for travelers and its colleagues
- (11/17/2021) Capgemini Research Institute ranked No.1 for the quality of its thought leadership for the sixth consecutive time
- (11/15/2021) 18th edition of the eGovernment Benchmark: Europe moves towards a new digital government era
- (11/14/2021) Capgemini named a leader in the ISG Provider Lens™ Next-gen Application Development & Maintenance Services reports for 2021
- (11/9/2021) Nortura selects Capgemini as its primary strategic partner for digital and IT transformation over the next decade
- (11/3/2021) Sustainable oceans research powered by winning Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions in Capgemini competition
- (9/30/2021) Capgemini deepens collaboration with Copado to accelerate customer experience (CX) transformation on the Salesforce platform
- (9/29/2021) Capgemini positioned as a ‘Leader’ in the NelsonHall NEAT vendor evaluation for Procurement Transformation
- (9/8/2021) Capgemini Group named a “Leader” in the Everest Group PEAK Matrix for Data and Analytics Service Providers 2021